Sunday, January 25, 2009
Update on life and back to school

I know it's been awhile that's for sure. I haven't really posted much about what has been going on in my life.IT has gotten even busier than usual. Back in January 2008 I decided to start looking into going back to school for Early Childcare. Since I work from home it needed to be something I could do in between being involved in Kaila's school, the kids in my care, keeping up with the house and my husband joining a volunteer fireman's hall which requires many nights of him being away for training. So after researching some accredited online schools I decided on Kaplan University. I already had known of Kaplan through my high school because they offered SAT prep classes.I looked into making sure they were an accredited school so I would be able to use my degree in my state. So at the end of January I started my journey to receive my Associate of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies (ASIS) with early childhood development emphasis- which mean Early Childcare Associates degree. I figured it was time to get the education to back me up since I have been working in this field for 10 years now. From there I will be halfway to my bachelors degree! I would be graduating this summer but things came up with my daughter where she needed some extra one on one with me so I only did 1 semester and then took off till this past Septemeber. I am now in my 3rd semester still maintaining a 4.0. I was asked to join their honors program before my 3rd semester started. I declined because I bust my butt to get the 4.0 that I do have. All my free time goes to homework . I try and get as much done during the week so I can free up as much free time for Kaila on the weekend. Right now I am trying to still be able to get my schedule done for the kids in my care daily. Right now I just have a 2.5 year old and a 1 year old but I will be up to 2 infants this summer. I am super excited for this but fear that I wont be able to keep up with my house work along with my daily chores. I am hoping to get everything under control before the summer so any advice anyone has I would greatly appreciate it!~





1 Comments:
Blogger Kabmom had this to say:

My advice, realize you don't have to do it all. So the laundry goes a couple more days, I'm sure you have plenty of clothes. Maybe the floors don't get mopped, if nothings been spilled on them who cares. I won't suggest you ask for help from your husband or daughter because I believe those are personal issues. And above all schedule, schedule, schedule. My daycare lady is thee busiest person I know. I don't know how she does it all but she does. I'm sure you'll do just fine. Try to keep us updated but we'll understand if you don't.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to Ladiebug Lane

Ladiebug Lane


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Our Daily struggles trying to conceive with PCOS and things life throws our way. WANTED: Family seeks new member. Must be small, noisy, and agreeable to 9 months in confined space. All applicants inquire within uterus ASAP!!

  • What is PCOS?
  • My Fertility Chart
  • Ladiebug's Journey
  • The Kellys
  • One Day At A Time
  • Divorced and Sassy
  • No Bowl Of Cherries
  • Simply Thrive
  • Simply Jamie
  • Life As I know It
  • Them VS. Me
  • Home Organization Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




    Yahoo! Avatars