Friday, February 02, 2007
Farwell to Whitey



Every morning the first thing I do (after brushing my teeth and getting Kaila up) I go turn the light on in our fish tank. The 4 of them swim all to one corner watching me bend down to get the bottle of fish food from the cabinet. They go crazy till I pour it in. You;d think we dont feed them! Well this morning was a little different. I turned the light on and Whitey went spastic all over the tank smacking aorund and swishing water. He was calmed down by the time I poured some food in. He ate a bunch. Then after Kaila got on the bus I noticed he was floating on his side. He was alive but just hanging out onhis side. If any of the other fish went by he would move back to normal though. Then aorund 9 am my sister called and while I was on the phone he was on the bottom of the tank on his side dead. I looked all over him and there isnt any ick on him. I am wondering if he smacked something when he went crazy this morning. Poor fishy.

We have had him a little over 2 years now. He was a tiny tiny goldfish when we got him. I measured him before he went to his watery grave. He was 6 inches long (from nose to the end of his tail) and 3 inches width. He also was pretty thick! Might have had a heart attack....I know they only pump their blood in one direction......

Anyway he lived a long life for a goldfish. Beofre him we were lucky if they lived 2 months.

Whitey is survived by his wife Goldie (got her at the same time and she is pretty big too) and their 2 kids (well they didnt have them but we say kids anyway) JR and Goldie Girl.

s it wrong for me not to want to tell Kaila? I would rather wait and tell her if she notices.





2 Comments:
Blogger Bare had this to say:

I'm so sorry :0( I know how hard it is to lose a pet...

 

Blogger Courtney had this to say:

Losing a fish is difficult. Good luck telling your daughter. (((hugs)))

 

Post a Comment

<< back to Ladiebug Lane

Ladiebug Lane


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Our Daily struggles trying to conceive with PCOS and things life throws our way. WANTED: Family seeks new member. Must be small, noisy, and agreeable to 9 months in confined space. All applicants inquire within uterus ASAP!!

  • What is PCOS?
  • My Fertility Chart
  • Ladiebug's Journey
  • The Kellys
  • One Day At A Time
  • Divorced and Sassy
  • No Bowl Of Cherries
  • Simply Thrive
  • Simply Jamie
  • Life As I know It
  • Them VS. Me
  • Home Organization Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




    Yahoo! Avatars