Thursday, September 28, 2006
The Gym

So I joined a gym in July. I was going religiously M,W,Th & Sat. Then in August I twisted my ankle and stopped for a week. Then I kinda stopped for another week. Then I seemed to only get there on Mondays. Hey that's better than never. So this week I went on Monday. I joined the gym on my own. OK yes my little sister is a member but we don't go together. I needed to join on my own. I have joined in the past with a friend and she never wanted to go so I wouldn't. We tried this twice together. This time I wanted to join on my own and go on my own. OK I dont mind if someone ends up wanting to go when I go but I go even if they don't. I am not wasting my money.
So I have been thinking of joining one of the aerobic classes. So today I looked up what was in for tonight. Step 1. I wanted to go. But this time I didnt want to go alone for the first class. I didnt want to be the only one not knowing the moves. A friend of mine joined the gym this week too. But she couldnt go tonight. So I called my sister and she already had plans as well. So I decided ah well I'll go to the gym and at least get in some cardio. I was on the tredmill when they announced the class was starting in 10 minutes. I gathered my nerve, put my mp3 player back in my locker and away I went. There were only 6 of us. I was the only newbie. The rest of them greeted me and were excited to have someone new. Very friendly bunch :0) This class was an hour long. I have never moved my whole body like that for an hour! OK there was like 2 half a minute breaks to get some water and wipe off the swett. Let me tell ya there was a lot of that! At the halfway point it felt like my heartbeat was in my face! I couldn't wait for it to be over. At the 3/4 mark we slowed down and did some stretches and then she made us do some ab work for 15 minutes. Man I felt the burn! At the end of the class the instructor said I was doing so well she threw in some Step 2 moves. I felt much better knowing that. There were a few that really confused me. By the time we were on the last one I would finally get it..lol! The T move, L move and tapping the corners was kinda confusing. Anyway I feel on top of the world now. Not only did I go alone but I did the whole hour! I feel great right now! This is a big accomplishment for me! The ladies even asked if I will be back on Tuesday and I so will be! So now I have some motivation to get me there on Tuesday and Thursdays! Yay!!! Did I mention I feel great? LOL!





4 Comments:
Blogger Kerri had this to say:

WOO HOO Way to go Lindsy :) I am so proud of you!

 

Blogger Kabmom had this to say:

Maybe you could throw in a workout for me. I've never succeded at the gym thing. Way to go.

 

Blogger Bare had this to say:

Way to go, girl! :0) I'm so proud of you! I wish we had an *affordable* gym around here to go to *sighs*, I REALLY miss step aerobics. Keep up the good work! :0)

 

Blogger Courtney had this to say:

Wooo HOoooo!!! Good job! Make sure you don't over do it at the beginning. Figure out what your heart rate is suppose to get up to and try not to get up over that. When I first started I had to walk part of the time. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to Ladiebug Lane

Ladiebug Lane


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Our Daily struggles trying to conceive with PCOS and things life throws our way. WANTED: Family seeks new member. Must be small, noisy, and agreeable to 9 months in confined space. All applicants inquire within uterus ASAP!!

  • What is PCOS?
  • My Fertility Chart
  • Ladiebug's Journey
  • The Kellys
  • One Day At A Time
  • Divorced and Sassy
  • No Bowl Of Cherries
  • Simply Thrive
  • Simply Jamie
  • Life As I know It
  • Them VS. Me
  • Home Organization Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




    Yahoo! Avatars