Thursday, July 27, 2006
Appointment info is in!!!

Well I had my yearly today with my obgyn. I actually saw someone else that works under him and was so nervous! I broke out in hives on my arms while waiting in the room! I was so afraid she wouldn't re-fill my prescriptions and not know what we have been through this past year with my regular doctor. Instead she came in congratulating me on my weightloss since last year! The She told me they aren't giving up on us yet! She said they could refer me to a RE if I was frustrated enough. Then she explained that they would put me on clomid and monitor me closely. Have me come in on cd 12 to see how many follies are developing, then come back to see if they were growing. Then they would know how fully developed the egg was when I did ovulate. After ovulation I would come in to get my progesterone levels checked and they woudl take it from there. She wanted to give me a heads up on where they woudl begin so I would go in informed.
Or I could do another 6 rounds of clomid, along with metformin on my own. I opted for the 6 rounds on my own. I could take a break after the 3rd to see if the regularity will kick my body into eggie making mode. I only did the 1 round of clomid in December and I definitely ovulated. I was supposed to do it 3 months in a row but I got side tracked with my HSG and I ovulated on my own that cycle...then I started the Vitex. So I went with that for 3 months. I guess I could have stayed with it but I really am getting impatient. Plus while I have thesemoption due to my insurance I might as well take them. I figured give it a chance. I also asked for a re-fill of provera because I don't know if I will ovulate this cycle on my own (it's cd 17 today) so I will need something to bring on AF if I don't. She actually recommended prometrium instead. She said it's a lot less harsh on you. So I left the office loaded with 3 prescriptions as follows: 13 months worth of refills of metformin, 6 rounds of clomid and 4 refills of prometrium! She told me if we do 1 roud of clomid and decide we want to go to the RE just call and she will send a referral. The ball is in our court and it's up to us when we want to. She recomennded I give my body another month and if af doesn't kick in do the prometrium for 10 days and start the clomid on cd5-9. I filled the met and prometrium on my way home. I will wait till I start the prometrium to get the first round of clomid. My insurance doesn't cover it. I am hoping my ovaries get scared and ovulate a perfect eggie and I get pregant without needing the clomid...lol! Hey one can hope! The funny thing is my insurance covered all the prometrium! It was $47! They will cover me to get my period but not cover the clomid ($52)....geesh! Also she wants us to bd like bunnies cause we could ovulate any day in this point of my cycle. I am not going to tell my dh about that part though. I dont want to pressure him...we are doing wonderfuil in that department on our own lately :0)
I really love how I feel when I leave the obgyn. All pumped and ready. I wish I could call and talk to them once a week to keep this energy going!
So it's official.....at least by Septemeber we will be on the clomid wagon!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So here's to some more baby making times!!!





2 Comments:
Blogger Lori had this to say:

Lindsy, that is so awesome! Lots of hugs and ~~baby dust~~ your way!

Lori :-)

 

Blogger Courtney had this to say:

WoooHOooo!!!!! Come on baby... come on!!!! It sounds like you are on the right track. Good luck!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to Ladiebug Lane

Ladiebug Lane


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Our Daily struggles trying to conceive with PCOS and things life throws our way. WANTED: Family seeks new member. Must be small, noisy, and agreeable to 9 months in confined space. All applicants inquire within uterus ASAP!!

  • What is PCOS?
  • My Fertility Chart
  • Ladiebug's Journey
  • The Kellys
  • One Day At A Time
  • Divorced and Sassy
  • No Bowl Of Cherries
  • Simply Thrive
  • Simply Jamie
  • Life As I know It
  • Them VS. Me
  • Home Organization Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




    Yahoo! Avatars