Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Saved the Propane!

Last night (after Kaila's softball game) we headed home to grab our empty propane tank so we could get a new one. We also needed gas as well. So Dave pulled in to the gas station (where we get our Blue Rhino propane tanks) and went right up to the pump. We always pre-pay so he headed to the store with the empty tank to pay for both and hand in the empty. He stopped at the door and put the tank down next to the door. He went in and this guy came staggering out with ice and beer. I kept my eye on him because he looked drunk already! He was parked right next to the door. He went to his truck and handed the ice and beer to the guy through the window on the passengers side. He went around the front and our tank must have caught his eye. He picked it up and spunk it around...shook it and walked to his truck. He got in and someone must have been sitting in the back and he handed it to them. By then he had the van in drive and I got out of my van and ran yelling,"Hey that's my tank!' I caught up to them and he put the van in park and said, "Oh it's your? I am sorry. Give the girl her tank." The guy in the back passed it up and the guy in the passenger seat handed it to me saying," Be careful it's kinda heavy." Then as they were pulling out the guy in the passenger seat asked why it was left there and I showed him the sign on the door (I noticed it when I went running after them) that said Do NOT bring empty propane tanks inside...leave outside the door and then bring around back to exchange. He said oh...sorry. These guys were all wasted! The guy in the passenger seats eyes were beat red and when he talked he slurred his words. Of course I didnt think of writing down the license plate number till after I stopped shaking and sat in the van. I stil can't believe I ran after them. Dave still can't believe someone would steal his tank. Hello it's almost $50 for a tank of propane if you don't have one to exchange for it. I can see why! That's what I was thinking of when I ran after them!





1 Comments:
Blogger Kerri had this to say:

sheesh the nerve of some people! Way to go Lindsy for getting what was rightfully yours!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to Ladiebug Lane

Ladiebug Lane


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Our Daily struggles trying to conceive with PCOS and things life throws our way. WANTED: Family seeks new member. Must be small, noisy, and agreeable to 9 months in confined space. All applicants inquire within uterus ASAP!!

  • What is PCOS?
  • My Fertility Chart
  • Ladiebug's Journey
  • The Kellys
  • One Day At A Time
  • Divorced and Sassy
  • No Bowl Of Cherries
  • Simply Thrive
  • Simply Jamie
  • Life As I know It
  • Them VS. Me
  • Home Organization Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




    Yahoo! Avatars