Monday, February 20, 2006
The clumsy one fell down the stairs!

That would be me....DH got home around 4pm on Friday ...we needed to get to the bank before it closed. I decided to wear my new boots. These boots have a bulky low heal which I have not worn this kind of heal (or any heal) in years. On my way down the stairs I lost balance and fell down 11 stairs head first...but while that was happening I put my arms out because I didnt want to break any bones or my glasses. I ended up doing a number ot my legs and smacked my cheek right on the door at the bottom of the stairs. Dave and K were outside in the van waiting for me....my chest was hurting from the impact...it was a very loud thud since I am no light weight. I laid there for a couple minutes and then used the stairs to help get me up.Then changed into my sneakers, tossing my new boots yelling at them, then I walked slowly out the door to Dave. I was a little sore but not too bad.....we did our run to the bank. We went to dinner, hung out at my parents till our planned movie (Narnia) started. Then I woke up Saturday morning and everything was soooooooooooooo sore! My arms, legs, jaw (from smacking it against the door) and my back were feeling it. It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be till later in the day. Then Sunday morning my back was even worse. I just laid around all day (after we got back from church) with Kaila watching Little House On The Prarie popping tylenol. Then this morning it hurt so bad I was nautious. So I called the doctor and I have an appointment Friday and if it still hurts as bad he will refer me to a chiro. I know I did a number on my body so I know I need time to heal so that's the delay to get in the doctor. Plus I emntions what I have been doing to make th apin go away and he said that if it was really bad it wouldnt work. So more than likely my body just is healing itself and going through the process.
I am just so sick of falling. I have had 1 bad fall a year for the last 4 years! UGH! But this time I didn't sprain my ankle! Plus it wasnt on our way out to camping or while campoing so that is a plus!
Just pray that this pain lessens throughout the week cause it really starts to hurt once the Aleve wears off! I have been sitting on my massaging mat, my dh has been rubbing Mineral Ice on it, and standing in the shower letting our massage shower head pound on it. After that I feel my best :0) Actually right now I have no meds in me but I just got out of the shower and it feels pretty good. Only hurts if I bend a certainw ay...so I dont..lol!
One positive thing is I am off this week....Laurens mom takes off for this week every year. So I can relax as much as I need too. Dave and Kaila did alot of the laundry, cleaned the bathroom, vacuumed, dusted, swept and mopped the kitchen ! So I dont have much house work I'll have to do this week! What a family :0)
Thanks for reading!!! I know it was long!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to Ladiebug Lane

Ladiebug Lane


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Our Daily struggles trying to conceive with PCOS and things life throws our way. WANTED: Family seeks new member. Must be small, noisy, and agreeable to 9 months in confined space. All applicants inquire within uterus ASAP!!

  • What is PCOS?
  • My Fertility Chart
  • Ladiebug's Journey
  • The Kellys
  • One Day At A Time
  • Divorced and Sassy
  • No Bowl Of Cherries
  • Simply Thrive
  • Simply Jamie
  • Life As I know It
  • Them VS. Me
  • Home Organization Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




    Yahoo! Avatars