Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Chaste Berry (Vitex)

So in the beginning of February a friend brought the herb Chaste Berry (Vitex) to my attention. I did some research on it and decided to mention it my my OBGYN.
He said it's not something he can prescribe but he has heard of it and it's also know as "Natures Clomid." He said it has been known to help many women with PCOS. I actually found a sight that said that also: Natural Health Solutions for PCOS.

I found a sight that says vitex may start working to treat imbalances after about 10 days, but for full benefit it should be taken up to 6 months or longer. With PMS, a positive result may be felt by the second menstruation, but permanent improvement may take up to a year or longer. So I started it February 12th...I ovualted the 15th...not sure if it had anything to do with it but I'll take it! I havnt ovulated on my own since February 2005. I have the Vitex and the fact that I just had an HSG (which my doctor said can raise your fertility up 30% for up to 4 months afterwards). So I am hoping that both will work in our favor of geting our bfp!
I do have a prescription for 2 more months of Clomid but it's not covered by my insurance so I'd rather give this a try for now. I got a 3 months suplly at GNC for $9.99!
Vitex has so many wonderful things that go along with taking it! It is said to control acne (which I dont hve acne but the PCOS has been doing a number on my face lately.I look like a teenager going through puberty) may help cure fibroid cysts that occur in the smooth muscle tissue, restores a normal estrogen-to-progesterone balance, reduce some of the undesirable symptoms of menopause, ease premenstrual syndrome, help with irregular menstruation (which is my problem big time) and for women who are trying to get pregnant, vitex may be helpful to help regulate the ovulatory cycle. That for me is what I am hoping for!
So I plan on taking it for the next 3 monthto see if anything happens. unless of course I get pregnant. So we shall see! I am just really happy I ovulated this month....





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to Ladiebug Lane

Ladiebug Lane


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Our Daily struggles trying to conceive with PCOS and things life throws our way. WANTED: Family seeks new member. Must be small, noisy, and agreeable to 9 months in confined space. All applicants inquire within uterus ASAP!!

  • What is PCOS?
  • My Fertility Chart
  • Ladiebug's Journey
  • The Kellys
  • One Day At A Time
  • Divorced and Sassy
  • No Bowl Of Cherries
  • Simply Thrive
  • Simply Jamie
  • Life As I know It
  • Them VS. Me
  • Home Organization Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




    Yahoo! Avatars