Thursday, September 08, 2005
Sonohysterography and Endometrial Polyps

So I had my Sonohysterography done today. I was waiting in the waiting room for an hour! I guess the doctors were behind.
So anywho I get in there and she does another Pelvic Sonogram. Then from there another doctor comes in to do the sonohysterography part. She inserts this speculum , that opens up so she can see my cervix. Through the speculum she inserts a catheder and every time she does my cervix pushed away from it. So she has to grab at it, which means pinching it! They both were looking at me worried for me. It did hurt! But I just focused on the ceiling and opened my eyes wider.Then she inserted the catheder again.Then she let go of my cervix and phewf was that a relief. Then she was able to release the saline into my uterous. At the same time, a transvaginal ultrasound is being performed. From there they took tons of pictures and pointed things out to each other. Then when she pulled everything out boy I had some really bad cramps! I never had cramps like these before! Even when AF comes to town!
So from there she tells me I am awsome cause I didn't scream when she had to pinch my cervix. I guess that's what normally happens. Then she tells me I have 2
Polyps. I asked her what they were and she said extra tissue growing on my uterine wall. She said she will give the diagnosis to my OBGYN and he will let me know what will be done from there. She said all doctors have different ways of dealing with them. She wasn't sure if he would have them removed or not......
Of course I came right home and looked them up. It looks, from what I have been reading, this could be the cause of why I am not pregnant. But it doesnt look like it could be the cause of what is keeping AF from coming to town.
From what I have read it causes spotting in between AF, after intercourse and heavy bleeding during. Polyps causes these symptoms because they dangle from their stalks and irritate the surrounding tissue, which causes the tissue to rub off, exposing tiny
blood vessels. These blood vessels bleed, leading to spotting or vaginal bleeding. If the polyp interferes with the egg and sperm, it may make it hard to get pregnant. So I have no idea if this is what's causing AF to be MIA or if I have PCOS too?
I just wait till my doctor calls me. They said the diagnosis will be called in sometime today but he is not at my location today. So unless the nurse practitioner calls me I wont hear anything till Tuesday. But I need to keep my chin up and not worry!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to Ladiebug Lane

Ladiebug Lane


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Our Daily struggles trying to conceive with PCOS and things life throws our way. WANTED: Family seeks new member. Must be small, noisy, and agreeable to 9 months in confined space. All applicants inquire within uterus ASAP!!

  • What is PCOS?
  • My Fertility Chart
  • Ladiebug's Journey
  • The Kellys
  • One Day At A Time
  • Divorced and Sassy
  • No Bowl Of Cherries
  • Simply Thrive
  • Simply Jamie
  • Life As I know It
  • Them VS. Me
  • Home Organization Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




    Yahoo! Avatars