Tuesday, August 23, 2005
MY PCOS Diet Advice

So I was standing in the living room watching TV. Dave walked by and yanked my shorts and they fell to the floor around my ankles! No he wasn't trying to "get some." He was harassing me! I have been loosing inches lately. I say inches because I refuse to step on the evil scale. I had been wearing my fat shorts. All my shorts are a big size but these are "THE" fat Shorts. If you get what I mean? The weight I was fighting very hard to lose in the past still hasn't crept up on me so I still am at a loss. A loss I like. These shorts lay on my hips (which is a big deal since I puff out in the mid section going all the way around the back) and are barely hanging on. So Dave harassed me earlier saying he could tug a tiny bit and down they would go...and he proved it...lol!
So what have I been doing? Well I have been reading alot about PCOS. Basically my fat could be what is keeping me from fufilling our dream of conceiving and having a baby. Alot of women who start loosing weight end up becoming pregant in the process. So I have been doing what I have been reading. Turns out women with this have a low tolerance for chemicals. We shouldn't be eating food nuked in the microwave inside plastic bowls. Avoid drinking from aluminum containers and plastic, drink only from glass. Should basically be on an organic diet. Stay away from added sugar products,ready-made meals because these food contain artificial colorings and additives. Plus eat regularly. Women with PCOS have a slower metobolic rate than normal so they recomend eating smaller portions and often to wake it up. Basically if you are having cereal and fruit for breakfast eat the fruit and then an hour later the cereal. So as you lose weight your symptoms of PCOS can disappear. There is a book out there with the exact diet and I plan on getting it. I have been doing all the above but rinsing off my fruit since organic isn't in my price range.They recomend rinsing with 1 part cider vinegar to 12 parts water.. I don't have any vinegar but I will soon. Also to snack on cucumbers throughout the day. Cucumber is a natural diuretic and will help to prevent fluid retention problems.I also have been doing the PCOS exercises recomended
here. Also 10 minutes on my gazelle. But for now I am doing my baby steps.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to Ladiebug Lane

Ladiebug Lane


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Our Daily struggles trying to conceive with PCOS and things life throws our way. WANTED: Family seeks new member. Must be small, noisy, and agreeable to 9 months in confined space. All applicants inquire within uterus ASAP!!

  • What is PCOS?
  • My Fertility Chart
  • Ladiebug's Journey
  • The Kellys
  • One Day At A Time
  • Divorced and Sassy
  • No Bowl Of Cherries
  • Simply Thrive
  • Simply Jamie
  • Life As I know It
  • Them VS. Me
  • Home Organization Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




    Yahoo! Avatars